GeckoLib Fabric for Minecraft 1.16.5, is essential when playing with some Minecraft mods. That is, it will not be necessary for everyone, but for some of them it will be essential. In the case of installing only GeckoLib, it would be of no use. The installation of other mods will be necessary.
Obviously, this mod alone will be of no use, it will depend on a minimum of three mods to be useful. The first will be Fabric, without it we cannot start a game with GeckoLib installed. The second, and also essential for the correct functioning of the mods, will be the Fabric API.
Now, we must install GeckoLib and the desired mod, the two mods must be located in the folder called “mods” next to Fabric API within the famous location of the game (.minecraft). It is important to mention that all mods must correspond to the same version. That is, Fabric, Fabric API, GeckoLib and the desired mod have to be downloaded for a single version.
Suppose we want to install ArmorPlus, well, it needs other add-on mods to work. The famous “Fabric” and the aforementioned “GeckoLib”. First, we must install Fabric (following the steps you will find on the exclusive Fabric page).
Afterwards, we must place both the desired mod and the mod necessary for its correct operation in the “mods” folder. That is, we must paste both ArmorPlus and GeckoLib in that location, found in the “.minecraft” folder. Of course, Fabric API should also be placed here. From here, we will only have to open Minecraft with the version of Fabric previously installed and enjoy our game with the desired mods.
Some examples of mods that will need GeckoLib for its correct operation:
– Ars Nouveau
– Creatures and Beasts
– MCDoom Mod
How to download and install GeckoLib for Minecraft?
- Download Fabric for the version we want.
- Download GeckoLib and Fabric API for the same version.
- Install Fabric and open Minecraft with the Fabric version downloaded. Close Minecraft.
- Write %appdata% and open the folder called “.minecraft”.
- Inside that folder should appear “mods”. Create the folder if it was not.
- Enter GeckoLib and Fabric API inside the “mods” folder.
- Open Minecraft with the previously downloaded version of Fabric.
- You can now play with the desired mod. To enjoy!
- On this page you will always find the official and updated download links.